EASI is a premier management development Centre of excellence in the development of statistical methodologies, statistical systems and software and their application in the field of research. Over the past 5 years, EASI has effectively carried out its mandate by providing tailored and customized training as well as consultancy and advisory services over and above the open programs that it runs every year throughout the region.
Consultancy and Advisory Services
While it is important to build human capacities by unlocking the full potential of the people or individuals at the organizational level through statistical training, it is equally important and logically consistent that the capacity of the organization be enhanced. EASI supports institutions in developing the capacity to utilize statistics as a critical tool in decision-making and policy formulation through Consultancy Services whereby process consultancy is used to help organizations improve their structural dynamics and thus harness development and shape the skills and efforts of their managers and staff. Consultancy as a management intervention tool is offered by EASI for the purposes of institutional development and enhancement of cost-effective statistical practices and procedures.
Experience in Consultancy Services
Where’s EASI is a young institution, the directors have Over the years secured and successfully done consultancy assignments for various government agencies, parastal and private sector organizations in Uganda
Some of the assignments the directors have been involved in:
- Overall planning and development of the Kyambogo,University, planning and development of ICT strategy, and oversight on the implementation of the 28 million dollar AfDB funded Estates and Assets management project.
- Development and institutionalization the first-ever Governance Survey at the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) with funding from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and German International Cooperation (GIZ).
- Team Leader of the Data Audit conducted by Oxford Policy Management (OPM) on the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) Zambia from July to August 2018. The MCA Zambia Project was an MCC funded Water Infrastructure Project that was being evaluated as it comes to an end.
- Data analyst and Deputy Team Leader for the World Bank-funded Impact evaluation of ATAAS a project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries in partnership with NARO.
- Statistical Consultant in the Comprehensive audit of price statistics in the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) by the Auditor General’s Office 2014/2015.
- Statistical Consultant in the Monitoring & Evaluation section of the Millennium Challenge Account Lesotho, the Implementing Agency for the partnership between the American Government through Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho.
- Statistical Consultant in the first-ever National Governance Survey conducted by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) in Partnership with Makerere University School of Statistics and Planning with funding from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and German International Cooperation (GIZ).
- Participation in a training of trainers in “Governance” and “Public Relations and Statistics: Building Bridges between Users and Producers” by InWent Capacity Building International Germany: Centre for Economic, Environmental and Social Statistics, Bonn Germany.
- Statistical Consultant in a Consortium for the Assessment of the Agricultural Administrative Records System and its integration in the National Agricultural Statistical Systems for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in collaboration with the Iowa State University (ISU) USA 2014 to 2016.
- Statistical Consultant in the Human Resource audit for the Northern Corridor, a research conducted by a Consortium of East African Universities in anticipation of various northern corridor projects in the East African countries of Rwanda, Burindi, Uganda, Kenya and South Sudan.